Gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) function is important for general health. This includes balancing beneficial bacteria in the gut to enhance health benefits. GI tract health is key to digestion, nutrient usage, and ridding the body of waste and pathogens.
Poor digestion and malabsorption can lead to immune dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies, and various disease states. Poor GI tract function can also lead to food allergies and other toxicities. The GI-Effects Metamextrix stool test uses advanced DNA technology to analyze GI tract health.
Your intestinal tract contains significant amounts of bacteria, some beneficial, some neutral, and some that can be harmful. It is essential to know the bacterial balance of your GI tract, especially if you have long-standing health problems. Health-enhancing intestinal bacteria serve to prevent the overgrowth of potentially harmful bacteria in the gut.
Symptoms of an unhealthy GI tract may not always be present. This specific Metametrix stool test gives a detailed analysis of GI tract health. You and your healthcare practitioner can use the information to develop a plan to restore the optimal function of the GI tract. Read more
Why should you use the Genova GI-Effects Stool Test?
- Requires only one, single sample collection. That said, there is a 3-day collection option that is better at detecting parasites.
- Greater accuracy due to advanced technology DNA analysis.
- Evaluate the balance of GI tract bacteria shown to contribute to weight gain.
- If autoimmunity is a concern, the DNA stool test may point out areas of the gut that could negatively impact the immune system.
- Identifies drug resistance genes to help determine ideal drug agents.
- To maintain good health
- See a Sample Report or read the Technical Information for the GI Effects DNA stool test.
Genova DNA Stool Test Includes:
- New- Calprotectin: Distinguishes between Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- New- Eosinophil Protein X (EPX): Immune inflammation marker.
- Immune function
- Drug and natural agents that respond to “bad” bacteria
- Cancer-preventative short-chain fatty acids
- Pancreatic function
- Markers for digestion and absorption of nutrients
What’s Being Tested:
|GOOD GUT BACTERIA (Commensal/Opportunistic)
DIGESTION AND ABSORPTION
INFLAMMATION AND IMMUNOLOGY
BACTERIA DRUG SENSITIVITY TESTING
Additional Test Markers Available IF added:
- Clostridium difficile (not available for patients <2 years old, see An Updated Review of Clostridium difficile Treatment in Pediatrics)
- Escherichia coli
- Helicobacter pylori
- Feacal Lactoferrin
- Macroscopic Exam for Worms
- Zonulin Family Peptide
- KOH Preparation for Yeast
- The test kit is mailed via Royal Mail. If you prefer DHL, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the detailed test preparations.
- READ: These tests are available for European countries only.